Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busted

This incident really occurred and the irony of being condemned by a completely innocent remark must I am sure be shared and ring true with others. So here at Burns' Time is a story about whisky. Here it is!

Busted

I was strolling down the aisle
We were shopping there in style
With my daughter sitting smiling in the cart,
I was stretching out my hand
For the Martinelli’s brand
When the apple of my eye gave me a start.

With the bottle in my grasp
I saw, coming toward us fast,
A high heeled damsel, scarfed and towing her caddie
And she smirked as I, condemned,
Stood up to comprehend
The reason, as my child said “Whisky Daddy?”
There was nothing I could say,
To make it seem another way,
To vanquish the conviction so compelling
It was the color you could tell
And the shape she knew so well,
The question that my daughter asked was telling.

No comments: