Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honored for Slaying the Haggis


The Tam O’ Shanter Restaurant on Los Felis Boulevard in Glendale was the venue for the celebration of Burns Night on January 25th and 26th. The pipes were played, the dancer danced, songs were sung and the haggis, carried in by Chef Ivan, was slain at every sitting. In short a ‘guid time’ was had by all. My big dirk was brought out for the thirty first year, and this time Isaac Burks, the Arts and Culture envoy from Councilman Tom Labonge’s office, appeared and presented a certificate of appreciation.

I was deeply touched and honored to have received such an accolade for having so much fun all these years in our great city, and for being able to share the occasion with so many close friends and family. Looking back I thank Tom Girvin for introducing me to this event in 1978. In 1980 I took over his part in presenting Robert Burns' famous "Ode To A Haggis"




Neil and Phil
courtesy of Heather Klinger

No comments: