Monday, April 04, 2011

Alan MacLeod - Heart Operation















A prayer for Alan

I’ve been saying a prayer for my brother,
Today he went under the knife,
The doctors had said some days earlier,
That his ticker’s not working too right.
They said that a big valve is leaking,
And putting his heart under strain
So they’re stitching it up on the inside
To make sure it works right right again.

Alan’s off at the Royal Infirmary,
The doctors are Scottish you know,
They probably know what they’re doing
And I really should not worry so.
But its hard not to care when a loved one
Is confronting a challenge so grim,
And that is the reason I’m bowing my head
And saying a prayer for him.

I’m watching my e-mail in-box,
I’m waiting for news to come through,
I dying to hear that the op went well,
That my brother is up, good as new.
I’ve been saying a prayer for my brother,
Today he went under the knife,
I’m longing to hear that he’s alright
And safe at home with his wife.

No comments: